Envoy Air is a U.S Regional airline founded in 1984 as American Eagle. It was a collection of regional airlines that carried the American Eagle brand name.
In 2014 the company changed its name to Envoy Air. It is a wholly-owned subsidiary of American Airlines Group. Envoy travels to over 150 cities in North America. Envoy currently has over 2,500 pilots working for them and 185 airplanes.
Where are Envoy Air Hubs?
- Dallas-Fort Worth, TX – DFW
- Chicago, IL – ORD
- Miami, FL – MIA
What airplanes are in the Envoy Air Fleet?
- Embraer 140
- Embraer 145
- Embraer 175
What are the Hiring Requirements for Envoy Pilots?
For Envoy pilots there are two sets of requirements, or minimum qualifications to start your career. There’s the regulatory requirements set by the FAA, TSA, DOT, and even FCC. Then there are the individual airline requirements for the job.
- Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) Certificate
- Current First Class Medical Certificate
- Radiotelephone Operator’s Permit
- Secure Identification Display Area (SIDA) Badge eligibility
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug test
- Successful completion of Pilot Records Improvement Act (PRIA) evaluation
- 1500 hours fixed wing flight time
AAG Regional Job Requirements:
- FAA commercial pilot’s license with multi-engine and instrument ratings
- 50 hours of multi-engine fixed-wing flight time (may be reduced to 25)
- 200 hours cross-country flight time
- 250 hours fixed-wing PIC
- 100 hours of cross-country as PIC
- 100 hours of night flying
- 75 hours of instrument time (actual or simulated – 50 hours must be in airplanes)
- 25 hours of night PIC
- Must be at least 21 years of age and finish ATP written prior to start of New Hire Training
- Total flight time minimums:
- 1,500 hours
- 1,250 hours – with qualifying 2- or 4-year aviation university program with 30 aviation hours
- 1,000 hours – with qualifying 2- or 4-year aviation university program with 60 aviation hours
- 750 hours – military flight training graduates
Envoy Air Pilots Salary
Envoy Air pilot’s pay will vary based on the plane you fly and the number of hours you fly during each bid period. They have a 72 hour monthly and 75 hour reserve guarantee. Given the factors above, the salary below should only be considered an estimate of annual pay based on available sources. Prices shown do not include per diem or bonuses.
Envoy Air First Officer Pay:
Envoy Air Captain Pay
See more pilot salaries by airline.
How Do I Apply for an Envoy Pilot Job?
If you meet all of the qualifications listed above you can visit the Envoy Air jobs website and create a profile. By creating a profile you enter the hiring pool for Envoy Air. As you continue to fly be sure to update your profile regularly to improve your chances of being selected for an interview. Be sure to also check out their interview tips.
Leave a Reply