Ready to start flying bigger planes? A multi-engine rating is a must have for any pilot pursuing a career in aviation. With your multi rating you can start building hours to meet airline minimums. Plus, you'll discover the challenges and joys that come with flying these larger planes.
Planning on Flying Twin Engines or More? You'll Need a Multi Rating
Pilots with a multi-engine rating enjoy an incredible improvement in the performance and capabilities of multi-engine aircraft. The multi-engine rating training focuses on both VFR and IFR flight plans. While there aren't technically a minimum number of hours required for this rating, it does require an instructor endorsement before the final checkride.
1-2 Week Time Frame
Multi-Engine Training Package Includes:
- 10 hrs. of flight instruction in Thrust Flight's Beechcraft Duchess
- 5 hrs. personalized ground instruction
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be able to read, write, and converse fluently in English
- Must hold a Private Pilot License
- Hold at least a current third-class FAA medical certificate
The multi-engine rating is an additional aircraft class rating. A person who applies for an additional class rating on a pilot certificate:
- Must have a logbook or training record endorsement from an authorized instructor attesting that the person was found competent in the appropriate aeronautical knowledge areas and proficient in the appropriate areas of operation.
- Must pass the practical test.
There are no specified training time requirements, and there is no additional knowledge test that must be taken
Starting from $4,725
Ready to start your multi-engine training program? Give us a call or fill out our contact form and we'll build the perfect program for you.