Zero Time to Airline®
Launch Your Aviation Career
Zero Time to Airline is designed to train the best pilots our airline partners will hire.
We are not a pilot mill. Thrust Flight's goal is not to create the most pilots, but to create the best pilots. Zero Time to Airline is an elite program designed to create the type of pilots the airlines will hire first. Zero Time to Airline is not just flight training- this program trains students for a career flying for the airlines.
What are the Requirements to Join?
In order to train the best pilots our partnered airlines will hire, we have high standards of entry for the Zero Time to Airline program.
- Must be able to train full time (8 hours per day)
- Be 17 years of age or older
- Hold a 3rd class medical certificate or higher (if you don’t know what that is we’ll help you)
- Pass an entry interview
- Complete and pass an aptitude test
- Have approved financing in place prior to the start of the program (we'll help you with this too)
- US citizen or non US citizen with TSA approval
The total cash price of this program is $79,895. This includes your Private certificate, instrument rating, commercial single and multi-engine certificates, and your CFI and CFII. If financing is needed, please let our Flight Training Director know. We have different programs with our lending partners that may be a good fit for you.
How We Compare
WRITTEN TEST PREP
No, like really.
Schools tell you all the time that their price is all inclusive- but usually what they mean is they include everything they decided you need. We know everyone is different- you may need more training on your private than your instrument. That's why we actually do include everything you will need during your training. As long as you are progressing at a pace that will allow you to finish in a timely manner, we will train you as much as it takes. Ask our competitors if they can say the same!
All glass and chute equipped aircraft
We utilize Dynon and G1000 glass EFIS in nearly all of our 30 aircraft fleet. You'll be hard pressed to find an aircraft made before 2000. And our Sportcruisers, which you will be training in for more than 70% of your flight training, are all equipped with Ballistic Recovery Systems parachutes for added safety.
So many instructors!
With approximately 1 instructor for every 5 students, you are guaranteed to have ready access to an instructor when needed. This means our students don't have to compete with each other for instructor attention. Instructor-to-student ratio is something that not many schools can boast about, but at Thrust Flight it is a requirement to make the best pilots our partner airlines will hire.
How to Get Started
If you feel like the Zero Time to Airline Program is a good fit for you here’s how to apply:
- Contact our Flight Training Department using the Contact Form(be sure to select "Zero Time to Airline" as the program you are interested in).
- After talking with someone in our Flight Training Department to ensure the program is a good fit, let them know you are interested in beginning the application process.
- If you are accepted after the application process, funding must be secured. Please let our Flight Training Department know if you will need financing.
- Once your funding is secured, our Flight Training Department will walk you through the steps to get registered- including obtaining a medical, acquiring renters insurance, and submitting documents through our student portal.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you guarantee a job after completing the CFI rating?
While we are regularly looking for new CFI’s to join our ranks, we cannot guarantee a job to every Zero Time to Airline student who goes through our program.
When we do have open CFI positions we look to hire the top performers from our ZTA program. We’ve also partnered with local schools to help you find a job if we aren’t currently hiring.
How many aircraft are in your fleet?
We currently have 20+ planes in our fleet. Our ZTA students all train in two airplane models; the Cessna 172 and the Sport Cruiser.
How often do your partnered airlines send recruiters?
Several times a year we’ll host recruiters from our partner airlines. You’ll be able to speak with recruiters from each airline and interview with them. We’ll help you prepare for interviews with the airlines during the course of your training.
Do you need a college degree to become an airline pilot?
No, you do not. This used to be the case by and large, but major airlines now largely recruit their pilots from regional airlines through their funnel programs. Many Thrust Flight alumni went through our programs and now fly for the airlines and do not have a college degree.