Envoy Cadet Program
Launch your airline pilot career with the Envoy Cadet Program. Discover all the incredible benefits of this unique program and find out if it’s the right fit for you.
Thrust Flight and The Envoy Cadet Program
Thrust Flight has partnered with Envoy to give our students and instructors the opportunity to participate in their unique Cadet Program. Envoy’s Cadet Program is designed to help the most promising flight school student pilots make a smooth transition from the classroom to the regional cockpit as a first officer and eventually a pilot for American Airlines.
While you can join the program as soon as you have for private pilot’s license, the bulk of the benefits come when becoming a flight instructor.
New Cadet Bonus
In March of 2022, Envoy announced a new bonus of up to $15,000 for new Envoy cadets. This is on top of the $15,000 bonus Envoy cadets receive when they become a first officer for Envoy. So by joining the Envoy Cadet Program, you can lock in an additional $30,000 in compensation.
Benefits of the Envoy Cadet Academy
The Envoy Cadet Program provides many benefits to their cadets. You’ll receive different benefits depending on your level within the cadet program. There are three different levels each with its own requirements (discussed below) and benefits.
- Level 1 – Cadet: Mentorships, internships and promotional materials
- Level 2 – Senior Cadet: Mentorships, internships and promotional materials. Start your transition to Cadet Instructor
- Level 3 – Cadet Instructor: Mentorship and promo materials, Employment Benefits, Travel Privileges
Employment benefits include travel privileges for you and your immediate family on American Airlines flights, 401(k) with matching contributions from Envoy, AA profit sharing, Paid vacation and sick time accrual, and health, vision, and dental coverage. You may also receive financial assistance from Envoy.
Additionally, once you reach ATP/R-ATP minimum flight experience requirements Envoy will pay for your ATP/CTP course. Hotel accommodations and ground transportation during that training will also be provided. Once you’ve completed your ATP/CTP and written you’ll be placed into the next available new hire class for Envoy.
Requirements to Become an Envoy Cadet
There are several basic requirements to join the Envoy Cadet Program. Additionally, there are requirements for different levels within the Cadet Program.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Current FAA First Class Medical
- IFR Currency
- FCC License
- Ability to work in the US
- Ability to travel into and out of the U.S. and to all cities/countries served by Envoy
Requirements for each Cadet Level:
- Level 1 – Cadet: Must be enrolled in a partner school and successfully complete an HR interview.
- Level 2 – Senior Cadet: Must have a commercial pilot certificate and successfully complete the entire interview process including both HR and technical.
- Level 3 – Cadet Instructor: Must pass the internal review board and sign a letter of commitment
How to Apply to the Envoy Cadet Program
The Envoy Cadet Program is the perfect fit for anyone who knows they want to fly for American Airlines. To learn more about this program fill out the form below and our flight training director will reach out to you.