Discover the CFI Academy unlike any other. Forget about slow, one-on-one CFI training. Here you’ll be surrounded by incredible instructors and fellow students who are driven to become the best flight instructors in the world.
Students from around the world attend the Accelerated CFI Academy at Thrust Flight.
At the CFI academy at Thrust Flight, our team will turn you into an incredible flight instructor and a far better pilot.
Forget about slow, one-on-one training, or dull videos recorded years ago.
Here you’ll learn from engaging and knowledgeable instructors while also jumping right into the action from day one.
Yes, we’ll teach you everything you need to know for the checkride. But we’ll also turn you into a capable teacher. Someone whose future students will rave about and request to train with.
Our accelerated CFI training consists of 60+ hours of interactive ground sessions where your aviation knowledge and understanding of flight maneuvers will be expanded. You’ll then turn around and practice teaching this information to other students to start building your own experience.
You’ll construct lesson plans, practice teaching other class members, learn how to deal with student frustrations, how to organize your time during a flight or ground lesson, and more.
Our program was created by DPEs, senior airline pilots, and CFIs with thousands of hours of instruction time. We are constantly evaluating this curriculum to ensure it delivers the instruction the modern CFI needs.
If you’re ready to prepare for your CFI checkride then the Thrust Flight academy is for you. Our CFI Academy is designed to prepare you for your CFI practical exam. Giving you the knowledge and resources you need to pass the first time.
- 10 Days, 60+ hours of interactive knowledge instruction and practice teaching
- A comprehensive review on Fundamentals of Instruction (FOI’s)
- Logbook entry for ground instruction and endorsement for FOI training
- All books and materials delivered digitally
- 10 hours of dual flight training in aircraft accomplished over 12 days (Includes Spin Training if needed)
- Required endorsements for CFIA Practical exam upon demonstration of proficiency
- Help with IACRA and scheduling Designated Pilot Examiners
- Candidates may add-on a mock oral exam at any time during their training. This is excellent preparation for the oral portion of the FAA Practical Test (Minimum 3 hours at instructor rates)
- Upon the completion of your training and a successful mock oral exam, our team can schedule your checkride, However, it may require additional time beyond the 15 days to complete your checkride, depending on weather and examiner availability.
- CFIA No-Fly 10 Day Academy – $1,895
- CFIA 15 Day (Knowledge & Flight) Academy:
- Cessna 172 G1000 or Piper Archer TX G1000: $5,189
Please note that all documents MUST be submitted 7 days prior to the start of your desired academy.
Hear directly from students who attended our CFI training program!
CFI Academy Prep Course
While our CFI Academy is an in-person program, there is an important online component. After running this academy for many years we’ve found there are several specific knowledge areas students are often lacking when they arrive at the start of the academy.
In order to help you gain as much as possible from the academy, we’ve built an online prep course for you to complete before day one. This course will help you prepare for the CFI checkride while also making sure you have the baseline knowledge we expect every student to poses. When you sign up for the academy you’ll immediately gain access to the online course so you can begin studying.
How to Succeed in the Program
Make no mistake, finishing this program in just 15 days is going to take a tremendous amount of work. In order to succeed, you must trust the process.
We’ve been teaching this class for a long time and know what it takes. If you’ll follow what our instructors teach you, you will become a world-class flight instructor.
Before the first day, you need to begin studying and reviewing the material that will be covered in class. Once you’re here, take the time to get to know the other students. After class ends, you need to take the time to continue studying.
You may even consider finding someone to study with and practice your lesson plans with after class each day.
Ready to become a flight instructor? Get started with our accelerated CFI training program today. Give us a call or fill out our contact form and we’ll help you determine if this program is right for you.