UPS is a U.S Cargo airline that was founded in 1988, in Louisville, KY. Currently, UPS has close to 3,000 pilots working for them.
In 2019, UPS made $61 billion in revenue delivering close to 5.5 billion packages. UPS delivers about 22 million packages per day to over 200 countries.
Where are UPS Hubs?
- Anchorage, AK – ANC
- Miami, FL – MIA
- San Bernardino, CA – ONT
- Columbia, SC – CAE
- Chicago-Rockford, IL – RFD
- Dallas-Fort Worth, TX – DFW
- Philadelphia, PA – PHL
- Hong Kong, China – HKG
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia – KUL
- Shanghai-Pudong, China – PVG
- Shenzhen, China – SZX
- Cologne Bonn, Germany – CGN
- East Midlands, England – EMA
- Hamilton, Canada – YHM
What airplanes are in the UPS Fleet?
- Airbus A300-F4
- Boeing 747-100
- Boeing 747-200
- Boeing 747-400
- Boeing 747-800
- Boeing 747-SR
- Boeing 757-200
- Boeing 767-300
- McDonnell MD-11
What are the Hiring Requirements for UPS Pilots?
For UPS pilots there are two sets of requirements, or minimum qualifications. There are the regulatory requirements set by the FAA, TSA, DOT, and even FCC. Then there are the individual airline requirements for the job.
- Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) Certificate
- Current First Class Medical Certificate
- Radiotelephone Operator’s Permit
- Secure Identification Display Area (SIDA) Badge eligibility
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug test
- Successful completion of Pilot Records Improvement Act (PRIA) evaluation
- 1500 hours fixed wing flight time
UPS Pilot Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university
- Recent and type of experience will be considered; for example, preference given to candidates with demonstrated flight experience in transport category aircraft within the last 12 months from date of application.
- Minimum of 1,000 hours Pilot in Command (PIC) hours in fixed-wing jet and/or fixed-wing multi-engine turboprop per 14 CFR 1.1 (UPS will allow military candidates to add a plus (.3) per sortie factor to flight time.)
UPS Pilots Salary
Just like the passenger airlines, UPS pilot’s pay will vary based on the number of hours you fly during each bid period. They have a 81-hour monthly and reserve guarantee. Given the factors above, the salary below should only be considered an estimate of annual pay based on available sources.
UPS First Officer Pay:
- Year 1: $50,000
- Year 5: $200,000
- Year 9: $235,000
UPS Captain Pay
- Year 1: $50,000
- Year 5: $312,000
- Year 15: $329,000
Discover how much pilots make for all the major and regional airlines in the USA on our pilot salary guide.
How Do I Apply for a UPS Pilot Job?
If you meet all of the qualifications listed above you can visit the UPS jobs website. At the time of writing, UPS doesn’t have any pilot jobs posted but you can sign up for alerts to find out when they start hiring again.