Air Wisconsin is a U.S regional airline that was originally founded in 1965 as its own company.
Now however, Air Wisconsin operates on behalf of United Airlines and United Express. Air Wisconsin travels to over 70 cities in North America. There are currently almost 600 pilots working for Air Wisconsin.
Where are Air Wisconsin Hubs?
- Dulles, VA – IAD
- Chicago, IL – ORD
- Milwaukee, WI – MKE
What airplanes are in the Air Wisconsin Fleet?
- Bombardier CRJ200
What are the Hiring Requirements for Air Wisconsin Pilots?
For Air Wisconsin pilots there are two sets of requirements, or minimum qualifications. There’s the regulatory requirements set by the FAA, TSA, DOT, and even FCC. Then there are the individual airline requirements for the job.
- Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) Certificate
- Current First Class Medical Certificate
- Radiotelephone Operator’s Permit
- Secure Identification Display Area (SIDA) Badge eligibility
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug test
- Successful completion of Pilot Records Improvement Act (PRIA) evaluation
- 1500 hours fixed wing flight time
Air Wisconsin Pilot Job Requirements:
- FAA commercial pilot’s license with multi-engine and instrument ratings
- 50 hours of multi-engine fixed-wing flight time (may be reduced to 25)
- 200 hours cross-country flight time
- 250 hours fixed-wing PIC
- 100 hours of cross-country as PIC
- 100 hours of night flying
- 75 hours of instrument time (actual or simulated – 50 hours must be in airplanes)
- 25 hours of night PIC
- Must be at least 21 years of age and finish ATP written prior to start of New Hire Training
- Total flight time minimums:
- 1,500 hours
- 1,250 hours – with qualifying 2- or 4-year aviation university program with 30 aviation hours
- 1,000 hours – with qualifying 2- or 4-year aviation university program with 60 aviation hours
- 750 hours – military flight training graduates
Air Wisconsin Pilot Salary
Air Wisconsin pilot’s pay will vary based on the number of hours you fly during each bid period. They have a 75 hour monthly and reserve guarantee. Given the factors above, the salary below should only be considered an estimate of annual pay based on available sources.
Air Wisconsin First Officer Pay:
- Year 1: $37,000
- Year 5: $49,000
- Year 8: $53,000
Air Wisconsin Captain Pay
- Year 1: $71,000
- Year 5: $81,000
- Year 12: $100,000
Discover how much pilots earn for all the major and regional airlines in the USA on our pilot salary guide.
How Do I Apply for an Air Wisconsin Pilot Job?
If you meet all of the qualifications listed above you can visit the Air Wisconsin website. At the time of writing, Air Wisconsin doesn’t have any pilot jobs posted but you can sign up for alerts to find out when they start hiring pilots again.