PSA Airlines was founded as Vee Neal Airlines in 1980; they now operate on behalf of American Airlines as American Eagle. PSA travels to over 100 different locations in North America. Currently, 2,000 pilots work at PSA Airlines and nearly 700 flights per day.
Where are PSA Airlines Hubs?
- Charlotte, NC – CLT
- Dayton, OH – DAY
- Arlington, VA – DCA
- Philadelphia, PA – PHL
- Knoxville, TN – TYS
- Norfolk, VA – ORF
What airplanes are in the PSA Airlines Fleet?
- Bombardier CRJ200
- Bombardier CRJ700
- Bombardier CRJ900
What are the Hiring Requirements for PSA Airlines Pilots?
For PSA Airlines pilots there are two sets of requirements or minimum qualifications to start your career. There are the regulatory requirements set by the FAA, TSA, DOT, and even FCC. Then there are the individual airline requirements for the job.
- Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) Certificate
- Current First Class Medical Certificate
- Radiotelephone Operator’s Permit
- Secure Identification Display Area (SIDA) Badge eligibility
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug test
- Successful completion of Pilot Records Improvement Act (PRIA) evaluation
- 1500 hours fixed wing flight time
American Airlines Pilot Job Requirements:
- FAA commercial pilot’s license with multi-engine and instrument ratings
- 50 hours of multi-engine fixed-wing flight time (may be reduced to 25)
- 200 hours cross-country flight time
- 250 hours fixed-wing PIC
- 100 hours of cross-country as PIC
- 100 hours of night flying
- 75 hours of instrument time (actual or simulated – 50 hours must be in airplanes)
- 25 hours of night PIC
- Must be at least 21 years of age and finish ATP written prior to start of New Hire Training
- Total flight time minimums:
- 1,500 hours
- 1,250 hours – with qualifying 2- or 4-year aviation university program with 30 aviation hours
- 1,000 hours – with qualifying 2- or 4-year aviation university program with 60 aviation hours
- 750 hours – military flight training graduates
PSA Airlines Pilots Salary
PSA Airlines pilot’s pay will vary based on the plane you fly and the number of hours you fly during each bid period. They have a 75-hour monthly and reserve guarantee. Given the factors above, the salary below should only be considered an estimate of annual pay based on available sources.
PSA Airlines First Officer Pay
PSA Airlines Captain Pay
See more pilot salaries by airline.
How Do I Apply for an PSA Airlines Pilot Job?
If you meet all of the qualifications listed above you can visit the PSA Airlines jobs website and create a profile. After creating a profile, find which open position you’d like to apply for. As you continue to fly be sure to update your profile regularly to improve your chances of being selected for an interview.
Leave a Reply