In this post I’ll share how to become a pilot for JetBlue and how much you can earn.
Where are JetBlue Bases?
- Boston, MA – BOS
- Fort Lauderdale, FL – FLL
- Long Beach, CA – LGB
- New York, NY – JFK
- Orlando, FL – MCO
- San Juan, Puerto Rico – SJU
What airplanes are in the JetBlue Fleet?
What are the Minimum Qualifications for JetBlue pilots?
- Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) Certificate
- Current First Class Medical Certificate
- Radiotelephone Operator’s Permit
- Secure Identification Display Area (SIDA) Badge eligibility
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug test
- Successful completion of Pilot Records Improvement Act (PRIA) evaluation
- 1500 hours fixed-wing flight time
JetBlue Pilot Essential Responsibilities
- Assist the Captain in ensuring the safe outcome of each flight in accordance with all Federal Aviation Regulations and Company policies procedures and risk controls
- Safely operate the aircraft in accordance with all Federal Aviation Regulations and Company policies and procedures
- Provide an excellent experience for all Customers and uphold the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Passion, and Fun
- Work with fellow JetBlue Crewmembers and/or Business Partners to ensure a team approach to proactively solve Customer and/or operational challenges
- Maintain skills, training, and qualifications in accordance with all Federal Aviation Regulations and Company policies and procedures
- Identify and recall JetBlue’s Safety Management System (SMS), Safety Policy, Security Policy, and behavioral standards
- Identify safety and security concerns, issues, incidents, or hazards that should be reported and report them whenever possible and by any means necessary including JetBlue’s confidential reporting systems (Aviation Safety Action Program (ASAP) and Safety Action Report (SAR)
- Other duties as assigned
Jetblue Pilot Job Minimum Requirements:
JetBlue Pilots Pay
Just like other passenger airlines, JetBlue pilot’s pay will vary based on the plane you fly and the number of hours you fly during each bid period. They have a 70 hour monthly and 75 reserve guarantee. Given the factors above, the salary below should only be considered an estimate of annual pay based on available sources.
JetBlue First Officer Pay
JetBlue Captain Pay
Discover pilot pay for all the major and regional airlines in the USA on our pilot salary guide.
How Do I Apply for a JetBlue Pilot Job?
If you meet all of the qualifications listed above you can visit the JetBlue jobs website and apply by creating an account and filling out all necessary details and qualifications.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Brian is an experienced digital marketer who joined Thrust Flight in 2022 as the Chief Marketing Officer. He discovered a passion for aviation at 10 when he went for his first flight in a Piper Cherokee and enjoys helping others discover a career path as a professional pilot. He is an experienced marketing consultant helping brands with a variety of marketing initiatives. Brian received a bachelor’s degree in Communications from Brigham Young University.