Delta Air Lines is a global commercial airline. Nearly 200 million passengers fly to over 300 destinations in 50 countries. Currently, Delta has over 13,000 pilots. Read on to learn how much you could earn on a Delta Air Lines pilot salary.
Where are Delta’s Bases?
- Atlanta, GA – ATL (World’s largest airline hub)
- Boston, MA – BOS
- Detroit, MI – DTW
- Los Angeles, CA – LAX
- Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN – MSP
- Queens, NY – JFK
- Salt Lake City, UT – SLC
- Seattle, WA – SEA
- Amsterdam, Netherlands – AMS
- London-Heathrow, United Kingdom – LHR
- Paris-Charles de Gaulle, France – CDG
- Seoul, South Korea – ICN
- Mexico City, Mexico – MEX
- Tokyo, Japan – HND
What airplanes are in the Delta Air Lines Fleet?
- Airbus A221
- Airbus A223
- Airbus A319
- Airbus A320
- Airbus A321
- Airbus A332
- Airbus A333
- Airbus A339
- Airbus A350
- Boeing 717
- Boeing 738
- Boeing 739ER
- Boeing 752
- Boeing 753
- Boeing 757-200 VIP
- Boeing 763ER
- Boeing 764ER
What are the Hiring Requirements for Delta Pilots?
For Delta Air Lines pilots there are two sets of requirements, or minimum qualifications. There’s the regulatory requirements set by the FAA, TSA, DOT, and even FCC. Then there are the individual airline requirements for the job.
- Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) Certificate
- Current First Class Medical Certificate
- Radiotelephone Operator’s Permit
- Secure Identification Display Area (SIDA) Badge eligibility
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug test
- Successful completion of Pilot Records Improvement Act (PRIA) evaluation
- 1500 hours fixed wing flight time
Delta Air Lines Pilot Job Requirements:
- At least 23 years of age
- Graduate of a four-year degree program from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Dept. of Education recognized accrediting organization
- Degrees obtained from a non-U.S. institution must be evaluated for equivalency to U.S. degrees by a member organization of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES)
- Current passport or other travel documents enabling the bearer to freely exit and re-enter the U.S. (multiple reentry status) and be legally eligible to work in the U.S. (possess proper working documents)
- Minimum of 1,500 hours of total documented flight time
- Minimum of 1,000 hours of fixed wing turbine time (airplane and powered lift combined)
- Minimum of 250 hours PIC or SIC as defined in 14 CFR §61.159(a)(5) in an airplane category
- Minimum of 50 hours of multi-engine airplane time
- TSA required fingerprint based Criminal History Records Check and a Delta background check
Delta Air Lines Pilot Salary
Delta’s pilots pay will vary heavily based on the plane you fly and the number of hours you fly during each bid period. They have a 74 hour monthly and reserve guarantee. Given this, the salary below is only a rough estimate of annual pay based on available sources.
Delta Air Lines First Officer Pay
Delta Air Lines Captain Pay
Ever wonder, how much do pilots make? Check out our salary guide for every airline.
How Do I Apply for a Delta Air Lines Pilot Job?
If you meet all of the qualifications listed above you can visit the Air Delta Air Lines website. Delta also offers a career path, Delta Propel, for aspiring pilots to join their company as soon as possible. At the time of writing, Delta doesn’t have any pilot jobs posted but check back often to see when they start hiring pilots again.
Leave a Reply