Get Your Tailwheel Endorsement
1-2 Week Time Frame
The Tailwheel Endorsement Package Includes:
- 10 hrs. of flight instruction in a Super Decathlon
- 3 hrs. of personalized ground instruction
To Earn a Tailwheel Endorsement:
14 CFR 61.31(i):
(1) Except as provided in paragraph (i)(2) of this section, no person may act as pilot in command of a tailwheel airplane unless that person has received and logged flight training from an authorized instructor in a tailwheel airplane and received an endorsement in the person’s logbook from an authorized instructor who found the person proficient in the operation of a tailwheel airplane. The flight training must include at least the following maneuvers and procedures:
(i) Normal and crosswind takeoffs and landings;
(ii) Wheel landings (unless the manufacturer has recommended against such landings); and
(iii) Go-around procedures.
(2) The training and endorsement required by paragraph (i)(1) of this section is not required if the person logged pilot-in-command time in a tailwheel airplane before April 15, 1991.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be able to read, write, and converse fluently in English
- Hold at least a current third-class FAA medical certificate
- Must hold a Private Pilot License